Thursday, December 08, 2005

So here's a question...

This morning I decided to treat myself to a nice Chai latte.
As I approached the entrance, there was a man several steps ahead of me.
Being the ever polite gentleman, he held the door open for me.
This placed me in front of him as we entered the Starbucks.
So here’s my question – do I get in line in front of him?
Or do I offer to let him go first?
He did arrive at the store before I did, and therefore should have been in line before me. But because he was being nice, he now has to wait for me to get my order.
Chivalry seems to be a dying art form, and I don’t want to be responsible for some guy thinking, “Big headed Slut! I try to be nice to her and she just took my place in line!”
So, it seems like I should offer for him to go first, but then would this be awkward?

Girls and boys – what do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should absolutly let him go first. At Starbucks it wouldn't matter much as they make 17 dollar coffee faster than you can say, "Decaf mocha skinny latte double tall froth rectagular flap nodder," but it would be the appropriate thing to do. Consider this- if you were at a restaurant and you opened the door for a child whose parents followed, and they took the last available table before going on a 15 minute wait, would you be upset? One reason chivalry is dying is that women sometimes abuse it. Don't be that girl.

11:14 AM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger Roxanne said...

You could offer for him to go first, BUT he should not expect you to. I hold the door open for people all the time whether their young, old, male, or female(men usually have a problem with this though). If he was truly being generous then he shouldn't get upset about you going first also.

8:55 PM, December 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home