Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Indecisive much?

I don’t know what my deal is lately, but I am ridiculously indecisive.
I find myself overwhelmed with the simple task of picking out what to wear, which highway to take, choosing what CD to listen to, or the number of minutes I should tan for.

But the most annoying one has got to be my wishy-wahsy-ness about food. Having to choose a restaurant suddenly seems like the most daunting task. Not because I can’t think of anything good, but because I am scared to pick the wrong one. What if I choose to go to Free State Brewery, and I end up getting onion rings and they are too greasy and then my belly hurts, or what if the person I am going with doesn’t like bar food? (Ha! Who doesn’t like bar food?)

I have found myself on numerous occasions standing in front of the drink cooler at a 7-11 trying to decide what type of drink I want. Do I want a soda, some juice, a coffee-ish drink, the hyrdating sports drink or maybe a slurpee? When I finish weighing out all the pros and cons of each, and I finally pick the sports drink. Next I have to choose what brand, then I can’t seem to decide between the 16 flavors that are available.

To illustrate my point further, here’s what happened at lunch today…

So it’s lunchtime, and although it would be much healthier and cost effective, I am still not packing a lunch. Partly because I am lazy, but mostly because I don’t want to sit in the lunch room by myself. I have made friends here, but the awkward 6th grader in me comes out and I get scared.So anyway, it's lunchtime and I am hungry. But my belly is still a little woozy (it has been the last couple days, not sure why).
So although I really need to start dieting and attempt to loose weight, I don’t want to eat just a lil’ salad and be hungry in an hour and then start feeling nauseous. Anyway, I am totally craving a hot dog, especially since I can go next door to Costco and get one AND a drink for $1.50!
But I decide, no, that is too unhealthy, and I just got to eat one last night, so let's get something else. So I go to King Soopers, look in the deli, nothing good. All the prepackaged “meals” if you can call them that looked gross. The sandwiches looked alright, but I decided I should go to an actual sandwich shop so I can get one made for me with the stuff I want on it. So then I drive around for a while but don't see anything.
Then I see a Starbucks and remember that they have some pre-made sandwiches. I go in but the only sandwiches they have are egg salad (not good for the tummy today) and the others look soggy from sitting in the case all day. One of the salads looks good but I think, well, if I am going to eat a salad, I should go next door to Noodles & Company and get a good, big salad. So I go over and pick up a menu.
I am for some reason intimidated by all the high school punks working there. I am worried that they will point and laugh and yell “you looser – you have no friends – you are eating by yourself! And you have a big head!”
So I quickly point to a salad that has the word Thai in it, Thai is always good.
"Chicken with that?"
“Sure.”
I don’t order a drink, because I have water in the car.
So $9.00 later, I am sitting waiting for my salad. I decide to take it to go because the whole place smells like dirty wash rags and I am still insecure around the teeny boppers. So I go to my car and drive to a shady (sort of) spot in a parking lot.
Ahh, finally time to eat. And of course - the salad is NASTY!
It's soaked in spicy Caesar dressing. Ok, I am a saucy person, I love condiments; I soak my pancakes in butter and drown my macaroni in gravy, and I usually like my dressing pretty heavy. But the lettuce is like drowning in it. And the chicken is GROSS! It's got skin on it; it tastes just like fried chicken from KFC, which by the way, I hate. And to top it off, the dressing is SUPER spicy.
So I go to get a drink of water. Stupid me! What was I thinking? This water bottle has been sitting in my car all day and it's like 90 degrees out.
So it's BOILING hot, but the dressing is sooo spicy that I have to drink it.
Ugh, THAT’S IT! I can't even eat this salad!
So what do I do?
Go to Costco to get a hot dog!
What did I learn from this experience?
The desire to not puke will always supersede the desire to eat healthy – so just eat a hot dog.

Maybe if I can apply this same “eat a hot dog” theory to other areas of my life, I would be a much happier girl.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Judging by your previous post/comments, I don't think "eating more hot dogs" is a solution in other areas of your life! It sounds like you are "eating" enough wieners already.

5:03 PM, June 29, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home